Tuesday, August 19, 2014

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

I was nominated by Lindsey Lee to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! This is to raise awareness for ALS, a brain and spinal cord disease. You can donate money or get more information here. I nominate Carol Joy Atwater, Spencer Fuller, Julie Richards, Pam Sommerville, and Erica Garner to participate. They have 24 hours to complete the challenge or else they must donate money to the ALS Association. I plan on donating even though I did the challenge. It may seem counter-intuitive to have charity donation be a punishment or way to opt out but the main focus is raising awareness AND the ALS Association has been receiving increasing donations thanks to this viral challenge. Before this challenge I did not know the term "ALS" but now I am happy to be aware of this disease many people struggle with.


No comments:

Post a Comment