Monday, December 22, 2014

...And Presents By the Tree

This morning, I was chatting with my parents on Skype when my mom asked if I had yet received the Christmas package they sent me. I had not, and my mom's carefully calculated estimated delivery date was the day after Christmas. Of course having presents to open Christmas morning is not the most important thing about the holiday, but my little tree has been looking a little sad without presents underneath it! But today, something wonderful happened. My package arrived well before Christmas day! Now I have my presents from home, and my family has my presents from me. Whew. I had confirmed with my mom that the gifts inside my box were wrapped so I opened that sucker right up when I got home and placed the lovingly wrapped gifts under my bright little Christmas tree.


I also received a Christmas card from my dad last week, but I forgot to take a picture and it is on my desk at work (my students like to look at the cards I get from home). It has a beautiful picture of the Savior on it and a sweet note inside to remind me of Christ's sacrifice for me. Thank you, dad :).





Thank you so, so much, dear family <3!

Music I listened to while writing this post: Julia Nunes! I'm a long-time fan. Her voice is so rich and beautiful and I love this rendition of I'll Be Home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment