Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Just Another Lovely Wednesday

Do you ever have simple, average days where you realize how content you are with life? Not everything was perfect but nothing was a monstrous disaster. I have had these thoughts before in the States several times throughout college and thereafter. Life is good in the eternal perspective. Sometimes this little beautiful nugget of truth is brought to our consciousness on the most seemingly unexceptional days of our earthly existence.

Pondering this today, my consciousness wandered to the realities of my life. Mainly this one: I am living South Korea. How amazing is it that I can feel so simply content as if my life is unextraordinary? Well I am content! I am working towards becoming the kind of person I have always wanted to be--I am currently living one of my huge Rapunzel-and-the-lanterns status dreams! The author John Green recently said that living your dream and being happy all the time do not go hand-in-hand. I know there will be days where I feel so lonely and lost but onward I go! I must remember that I am in Korea and why I am in Korea. I also want to encourage anyone who is not at least content with life to work towards achieving something amazing in your eyes--anything!

Here are a few pictures of my average Korea life Wednesday:
Setting up my camera for a Q&A video

Realizing how much footage I have to edit from said Q&A video

Breaking for lunch with my lovely coworker at one of our favorite local restaurants

We aren't sure what we ordered--we just pointed at a picture. This dish was so, so spicy but very delicious

After such a spicy meal, I needed to cool my mouth off with an ice cream treat. The flavor was "French Cheese" which I found humorous for some reason
  

1 comment:

  1. I love, love your ponderings here! French cheese is funny!

    ReplyDelete