Monday, July 21, 2014

For the Beauty of the Earth

After a Sunday afternoon nap yesterday, I ventured outside to explore the natural beauty of my city. My location is ideal because my apartment is a half hour walk from downtown and a 40 minute walk from the base of Mount Mudeung--a lovely mountain with several trails, a handful of waterfalls, and a few Buddhist temples. Yesterday was the first (of many, I'm sure) time wandering the trails. It is so beautiful and green on Mount Mudeung. Many people do not find nature landscape pictures to be the most exciting pictures, but I have a few to share. As with most things, pictures cannot do such a gorgeous place justice.

I remember seeing pictures of places like Mount Mudeung throughout my life and wondering what it would be like to see a place like that in real life--or if I ever would. I remember wishing the pictures could capture the whole experience of witnessing such a beautiful place on Earth, so different from the natural beauties I had the honor of admiring in Colorado.

On the way to Mudeung

Not sure what this is but thought it was lovely.






I brought my trusty GPS with me! I really wished my dad could be there with me geocaching.

Not sure what these trees are called but for now I shall call them Truffula trees!



Of course I brought my trusty CamelBak as well!





You can see the city in the distance. So much air pollution. Boo.

Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment