Saturday, November 7, 2015

Happy Halloween!

This year, I celebrated Halloween very simply. I didn't dress up or go to any parties. Instead I stayed in town with a few friends, went shopping, ate food, and watched a movie (a typical weekend for me, really). After sleeping in for a bit, my friends and I met at a cafe nearby for some tea. The cafe we went to was in the Halloween spirit--there was a cute trick or treat banner and other decorations.


We felt fancy at this cafe with our fancy teacups. I ordered elderberry tea.

Rainbow of tea!

After teatime we went shopping for a while. Later, we made dak galbi (a type of stir-fry with marinated chicken, rice cakes, and vegetables). I was very impressed with how well it turned out! 



This week it was fun talking to my students about Halloween. I didn't have the opportunity to organize any parties for my classes but I was given 10-15 minutes to do a little presentation and give them candy (but only if they said "trick or treat," of course)!

Mini Twix bars for my students. I wrote Happy Halloween and drew a little pictures on sticky notes and wrapped them around the bars

Just a little poster I made for Halloween. As much as I would've loved to decorate all the classrooms and all my schools for each Halloween lesson, carrying a poster around was a lot more practical.

Bonus picture! Saw this gem at a store in town. If you're using this book to learn English, you're off to a rough start... Can you find the mistake?



No comments:

Post a Comment