Monday, October 13, 2014

I'm Still Here!

Hello everyone! Sorry if it feels like I abandoned the blog. Have no fear! I will spare you the excuses and get right down to an update.

Ah it has been three weeks, where do I begin?? First of all, I've been in Korea for 4 months and 3 days. I am going through this phase where, at sporadic moments throughout the day, I remember that I am living out one of my dreams. Back when doing something like moving to another country alone to gain extraordinary life experiences felt so far from my reality, I described teaching in Korea as my "Rapunzel-and-the-lanterns-status-dream." I wanted this life so badly. I keep marveling at how much I wanted to do this and how much I thought I wouldn't follow through. And yet I've been here for 4 months and I am pleased to report that I am getting what I wanted out of the experience.

Well, I didn't think much happened the past few weeks that I neglected my blog. Then I looked back on the pictures I've taken! Here are some highlights:


  • Two field trips with my kindy class. For one we went to the Korean culture museum and the other we went to a Chinese culture center. See some adorable pictures here! (Caution: these kids are heart-meltingly cute).
  • I bought a tree to brighten up my room 
  • I had McDonalds in Korea for the first time. I never eat McDonalds in America by the way. This was surprisingly delicious.
  • I went to a Norebang (karaoke room) with some Korean friends. It was my first time going to one. They are very popular here. You rent out a room for like an hour and sing karaoke with your friends. 
  • I had lunch with a few middle-aged Korean ladies. They were very sweet and paid for my lunch, dessert, and some cookies. Apparently they all have daughters my age and kept telling me how much I remind them of their daughters.
    This was our meal. Holy cow it was amazing.

We went out for tea after lunch. They bought me bingsoo since I don't drink tea. This was very healthy tea that did not look very tasty...

Bingsoo! (Ice cream and shaved ice)


Cute little flower-shaped bean treats and spearmint tea!
  • After that meal we saw the rose garden at Chosun University near where I live.



  • The best part about my job is still my students.
  • Also my dad mailed me an early Happy Halloween card :D 
  • And I made french toast 

Once again, I apologize for the lack of blog posts lately! I promise to stay more on top of it from now on! Thanks for reading. Now go enjoy the day!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Dad. Sorry I took so long to post something!

      Delete
  2. Holly molly!!
    I luv this post ♥♥♥
    -from ur korean friend

    ReplyDelete