Monday, October 27, 2014

As I Went Down to the River to Pray

Autumn is definitely here, friends. I am appreciating the beauty of summer turning into fall more than I ever have before. Maybe it's because my only memories of this take place in Colorado. Maybe it's because this is my first autumn not busying myself with being a student since 1996. Or maybe it's because I've hit that point in my life where the whole "time speeds up as you age" sensation is no longer hanging over my head, but straight-up gnawing on my brain.

It feels something like this:

Anyway.

It was a lovely autumn day so I went for a walk by the river and snapped a few pictures. Sometimes I wish photographs could capture the whole experience of being somewhere--the sounds, the smells, the feeling of the very air and sunshine--but then I suppose I would treasure these moments a little less if I could revisit them so simply. But it would be nice if I could share them with all my friends and family!

Here is what I've got:



























One of my favorite things about experiencing autumn here: persimmons. In Korean they are called "gam" (감). I never had them before and I love them! Aren't they lovely? 

And I'm not having any trouble transitioning into "fall fashion." Sweaters? Scarves? Cardigans? Tights? Boots? Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

LDS Nongseong Ward YSA and Missionaries

Enjoy autumn, wherever you are!



Music I listened to while writing this post: Switchfoot (Hello Hurricane and Vice Verses albums)

No comments:

Post a Comment