Sunday, April 5, 2015

Thailand Part 2

I know, I know. I'm kind of failing at the blog thing. It's finally time for me to make another post about my Thailand adventure!

The first actual day in Thailand was spent in Bangkok. It was fun exploring the city and seeing a few Buddhist temples (Wats). It was HOT and humid in the city--a huge change from the Winter weather in Korea! It was a very nice break from the cold.

Something I really enjoyed about this day was noting the differences between a Thai Wat and a Korean Sa.
This was my breakfast. We "had to buy something" at the bar in the hotel to get the wifi password. Which was such a joke. Everyone knew the password but we didn't know at the time.

For brunch (okay we slept in a bit, so what), we ventured out into the wild streets of Bangkok, on the hunt for street food!
Success! Yummy, yummy street food! I've missed limes

Our chef

So Venetian!


We were able to navigate Bangkok well enough to find the temple all on our own. Success!

I was so fascinated by how different Buddha looks in Thailand haha

Beautiful ceiling 



Dad converting to Buddhism ;)




Near by was another temple!




Fresh coconut ice cream in a coconut ^_^


This is a famous temple in Bangkok. We actually had to pay to get into this one

We also had to climb up a large spiral hill thing but there were fun things to play with along the way


...and strange sculptures we did not understand




View from the top of the Golden Mountain


Top of the Golden Mountain
One of my favorite pictures from the trip


We were pretty drained after so much wandering in the heat so next we did one of our favorite in-door activities: exploring a museum! We went to Museum Siam, where we got some much needed background information about the history and culture of Thailand. To be honest, I really didn't know anything about Thailand. But thank goodness for museums (p.s. support your local museums, folks).
We got to the museum via motorized tuk tuk. It was frightening. Thrilling, but not exactly fun.
Cookin' up something good

Lady's got to pay better attention to her produce

Obviously I'm Thai


Outside the museum (this pictures totally out of order oops oh well)

Not impressed...

...just kidding!

I was having fun sneaking pictures of my dad playing a game

wild!


After a long, full day in Bangkok, we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. The food was yummy but little did we know, the very best food was yet to come!

I wish I could remember exactly what we ordered...prawns? Something with chicken? A delicious mystery. 

Once we finished eating, we relaxed in the hotel and planned out our next day. We really wanted to go to Chiang Mai. So we made reservations for a flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and for a cool bamboo bungalow place for lodging. Tired, but excited for a new day, we headed off to bed for a well-deserved sleep. 
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment