Wednesday, September 10, 2014

23rd Birthday



My friend Seungeun took me to Damyang for my birthday! Why am I not at work on a Tuesday?? Because it is Korea's Thanksgiving holiday--Chuseok! Damyang is not too far from Gwangju. It's a very lovely place. We went to a bamboo forest--the air was so fresh there! It was nice to take a break from the big city pollution for a short time. While we were there we also had bamboo ice cream. I did not know this existed! And my goodness, it was tasty!

Now that we had eaten ice cream, it was time for lunch, naturally! We walked a short distance to Noodle Road. Not sure if that's the official name but that's what I shall call it. It is a long road with noodle shops. Everyone eats outside on bamboo platforms. This was a new sight for me. I thought it was a fun way to seat people!

After lunch, we walked to the Meta Sequoia Road. It's a long road lined with beautiful sequoia trees. Somewhere along the road there was a mini shopping and carnival area for children--including a cute teddy bear store.

By the end of the day we had done a lot of walking! I found it quite rejuvenating--especially with the pleasant weather.

On the bus back to Gwangju, our bishop from church called Seungeun to invite us to dinner. The bishop's wife, Sister Yoon was very excited to feed me here homemade Korean food. And I can see why! It was so, so good!

Enjoy the pictures! There are many of them so I created an album on photobucket. Click here to see the pictures!

Here is a video of noodle road. What do you think??




Music I listened to while writing this post: Post Modern Jukebox on youtube. They take modern songs and restyle them to sound vintage. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment